Dogs’ Own Daycare and Grooming is a different tier of professional care, characterized by countless accomplishments and meaningful community involvement. Some seem to think we are “the cat’s meow,” but really we are more like the dog’s bark (but not the annoying kind that keeps you up late at night.)
We pride ourselves on the fact that all of our groomers have graduated from the Dogs’ Own Grooming School. Having this education ensures that each of our groomers has the knowledge and skills to meet our high standards and yours. All of our daycare staff have also gone through rigorous training so that they can provide optimal care for every pet.
Though we don’t like to brag, knowing some of our accomplishments may help put your mind at ease when choosing a daycare or groomer that you are comfortable and confident in.
Our Signature Accomplishments
- We have been voted Best Groomer in Loveland for 9 years in a row by the Reporter Herald Readers Choice Awards (by our community members)
- Jennie Smith was voted best groomer from 2005-2019 by the Reporter Herald Readers Choice Awards (by our community members)
- Daycare has been voted Best Doggy Daycare for 6 of the last 8 years
- Animal facilities are governed by PACFA (Division of Dept of Agriculture) and we pass all of our inspections with flying colors every year while many of our competitors get fined, put on probation, etc.
- We are the only test site in the state of Colorado for NDGAA (National Dog Groomers Association of America) for their workshops on certification and we hold tests here twice per year.
Community Involvement & Accreditations
- Jennie Smith is a Nationally Certified Master Groomer (NCMG)
- Jennie Smith is a Certified Canine Skin Esthetician (CCSE)
- 2 of our groomers are in the process of certifying through NDGAA
- We work with Community Connections (helps disabled young adults enter the workforce) and we give them job training with their coach; we have participated in this in the last 8 years.
- We donate grooming for Pets Forever (student-led group) through CSU vet teaching hospital (helps low income, disabled, or struggling people be able to keep their pets and take care of them).
- We provide grooming services for Animal Rescue of the Rockies.
- One of our employees is a foster parent for Bounce Animal Rescue and we donate grooming through that organization.
- Several of our team members are members of the Buckhorn Valley Kennel Club. We provide continuing education, dog shows, and other volunteer work for them.
- Better Business Bureau – A listing
- Member of The Dames
- Member of NDGAA
- Member of CADD (Colorado Association of Doggy Daycares)
- Penn Foster – Jennie Smith wrote their Dog Grooming correspondence course.
Though we are certainly proud of our accomplishments and the work we do, the biggest reward for us is the honor of being able to take care of your pets. Now that you know a little about us, we can’t wait to hear about you and your pets!
Dogs’ Own is more than just a business. We are a part of the community and we love sharing our knowledge and skills to make a difference.
Please call us to schedule a time for you and your furry family members to come in and meet us!